Friday, November 12, 2010

Yogurt By Weight

Last night, after a meeting, my partner, roommate, and I all decided we wanted yogurt. While driving past a few places we had seen, we realized nearly everything was closed. However, we happened to catch a glimpse of Yolo's at 559 Erin Drive off of Poplar. When we went it, it was quite busy, but not overwhelming. It reminded me of a place that we used to go to in Brandon. Along the back wall is a line of Frozen Yogurt Machines, each with two different flavors. The prices are reasonable, as you pay for exactly how much you get. The price is an easy 45 cents per ounce, so the more you get... the more it costs. The first machine had the flavors I knew I wanted. Strawberry Yogurt and Valencia Orange Sorbet. My partner and roommate each chose something much heavier and sweeter. After choosing mine, I decided that with the huge list of toppings available, I should probably stick with fruits, because anything else would be just too heavy. Their list of toppings, though, was rather immense. They had cookies from local bakeries, five kinds of M&Ms, all sorts of normal toppings (coconut, chocolate sauce, hot fudge, hot caramel), and even bottles of homemade raspberry and strawberry purees, and nutella. The topping wall was even larger than the yogurt wall.


After we made our purchase, I actually tasted the yogurt. The valencia orange sorbet was crisp and clean with a mild bite that often accompanies the real thing. The strawberry was smooth and refreshing. With the toppings I chose, the flavors melded perfectly for me. (cherries, strawberries, mango, blueberries, and raspberry puree). I highly recommend this location, or any others of theirs that may open, as I've heard a second may be opening near the Target at 240 and Poplar. Hopefully, this rumor is true.

Along with everything else, upon leaving, we realized that they're a member of project Project Green Fork So, not only is it a tasty local business, but it's also an environmentally friendly organization, too.

So, check them out! I was exceptionally pleased.

1 comment:

  1. YoLo rocks! Not only are they Project Green Fork, but they 'go local' for as many of their toppings as possible. Erinway is the location I go to - they also have a location in Collierville. I heard there's a yogurt shop coming to 240 & Poplar, but not YoLo. :-( I'll be sticking with YoLo tho - locally owned, local ingredients - can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete